My Guide Website?
World War 2 and Operation Anthropoid Walking Tour
, New Town, Prague https://www.myguide-prague.com/events/world-war-2-and-operation-anthropoid-walking-tour
Prague: World War 2 and Operation Anthropoid Walking Tour
- Experience World War Two history
- Learn about the assassination of one of Hitler’s top officers
- See the last hiding place of the Czech resistance
DescriptionYour knowledgeable guide will explain what Operation Anthropoid was and who the key players involved were. See where the resistance members hid during the occupation and hear about why some people risked their lives. During the tour, guests have an opportunity to visit the place where the country’s heroes fought their last battle, learn more about the Prague Uprising and the local resistance, and discover some of the buildings and landmarks associated with World War Two. The tour will also cover the student uprising and the events that occurred during the early days of the war. The tour will end at the Church of St. Cyril and Methodius in the New Town, which now serves as a memorial to the victims of the Third Reich. Guests can spend time contemplating Prague’s tragic history before heading back to the Old Town.
IncludesLocal guide A visit to the Church of St. Cyril and Methodious, the location of the last resistance of Czech paratroopers
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is stroller accessible
- Service animals are allowed
- This tour runs with a minimum of 2 guests
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes