My Guide Website?
Midday Concert at Lobkowicz Palace693 Reviews
Treat your ears to romantic classical music at a 1-hour concert in Prague’s Lobkowicz Palace, the only privately owned building in the Prague Castle complex. Listen to members of the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra play in the glorious Baroque Concert Hall.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Prague:If youʻre booking your trip to Prague last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Prague: Historic City Center Bus Tour
- 3-Hour Tour of Alchemy and Mysteries of Prague Castle
- From Prague: Terezín and Ghetto Museum Guided Tour
- From Prague: Bohemian and Saxon Switzerland Scenic Tour
- Prague: 3-Hour Walking Tour of Old Town & Prague Castle
- Listen to romantic music from Czech and Baroque masters during a midday concert
- Marvel at Lobkowicz Palace's beautiful 17th-century Baroque Concert Room
- Admire the painted stucco ceilings of the only private building in the Prague Castle complex
- Hear music by Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, and more
DescriptionEnjoy a feast for your ears, and listen to classical music brought to life by a group of professional musicians at Lobkowicz Palace in the Prague Castle complex. The midday concert takes place in the 17th-century Baroque Concert Hall, where the painted stucco ceilings will have you in raptures. One of the most important cultural sites of the Czech Republic, Lobkowicz Palace is the only privately owned building in the castle complex. The concert program varies from day-to-day, but invariably includes solo and ensemble pieces by Baroque composers such as Bach and Vivaldi, alongside great 19th-century Czech composers, including Dvořák and Smetana. Add a touch of romance to your day with this aural experience that is also a delight for the eyes. Concert program: M. A. Charpentier - Te Deum A. Vivaldi - Allegro (From Four Seasons) Philipp Hyacinth Lobkowicz - Suite in C major W. A. Mozart - Turkische Marsch Ch. W. Gluck - Pizzicato L. van Beethoven - For Elise J. J. Benda - Grave Piéce for Flute solo G. Bizet - Carmen Fantasie A. Dvořák - Valse B. Smetana - Vltava C. Debussy - The Girl with flaxen hair C. Debussy - Danse bohémienne W. A. Mozart - Vivat Bacchus
Includes1-hour concert at Lobkowicz Palace Entrance to Lobkowicz Palace and audio guide (if option chosen)
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes before the concert as there are security checks at Prague Castle.