My Guide Website?
From Prague: Terezín Concentration Camp Day Tour246 Reviews
Travel back to the dark days of World War II and visit the Terezín Concentration Camp. Learn how it served as a Gestapo prison, ghetto, and camp during the Holocaust.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Prague:If youʻre booking your trip to Prague last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See the monuments and memorials at the Terezín Concentration Camp
- Learn about some of the darkest days in European history
- Go to the Terezín Concentration Camp Museum to uncover hidden secrets
- Hear stories focused on the Czech-Jewish history of World War II
- Be inspired by stories of humans overcoming the direst conditions
- Visit the Ghetto Museum and Magdeburg Barracks
DescriptionLearn about some of the darkest days in European history on a full-day tour to the Terezín Concentration Camp in the sleepy Bohemian countryside. Choose a group tour by train or minibus or enjoy a private tour with transfers by train. Following your transfer from Prague, explore the former ghetto, concentration camp, and Gestapo prison just 1-hour from the city center. Hear stories from the Czech-Jewish history of World War II and the Holocaust. Central to the tragedy of the Holocaust, Terezín saw 33,000 prisoners perish as a result of malnutrition, disease, and the sadistic treatment of their captors. For many more, it was their last stop before being deported to extermination camps like Auschwitz, Treblinka, or Sobibór. Hear how the prisoners defied the direst conditions to maintain a rich cultural and religious life, hold celebrations, and even compose and stage operas. Terezín epitomizes the worst aspects of the human spirit, but its prisoners left the world striking examples of human potential. Terezín played a double role, both in the Nazi pursuit of the Final Solution, and their propaganda efforts to conceal the Holocaust. See the monuments and memorials at Terezín, and visit the museum to find hidden traces of its dark past. Discuss present-day attitudes towards Terezín, and learn the history of the town, from its time as a Habsburg Empire garrison town, the visit of the Red Cross, and the story of Friedl Dicker-Brandeis and her children's paintings.
IncludesLive guide Round-trip transportation by public train or private minibus (depending on option selected) Museum entrance fee (If shared tour selected)
- Please note that lunch is not included in the tour and there are not many places to purchase food, so it is best if you bring your own lunch for the tour.