My Guide Website?
Karlstejn Castle & Crystal Manufactory - Private Tour4 Reviews
Discover two top destinations near Prague: The Karlstejn Castle, which houses the royal treasures of the Czech Republic, and the famous Crystal Factory. Learn more about these fascinating landmarks from a knowledgeable guide on this intimate private tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Prague:If youʻre booking your trip to Prague last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Prague: Historic City Center Bus Tour
- 3-Hour Tour of Alchemy and Mysteries of Prague Castle
- From Prague: Terezín and Ghetto Museum Guided Tour
- From Prague: Bohemian and Saxon Switzerland Scenic Tour
- Prague: 3-Hour Walking Tour of Old Town & Prague Castle
- Visit the majestic Karlstejn Castle
- Tour the fascinating Crystal Manufactory
- Enjoy extras such as a traditional Czech lunch and souvenir shopping
DescriptionOne of the most famous castles in the Czech Republic, the Karlstejn Castle was built by the Czech king and Roman emperor Charles IV in 1348 to house royal treasures including a collection of holy relics and the coronation jewels of the Roman Empire. You will be picked up from your selected location in Prague by your private driver and guide (van available for groups of 6, EUR 40 extra charge applies,) and taken to this awe-inspiring location which sits atop a panoramic hilltop. After a 1 km climb (also accessible by taxi or horse-drawn carriage, if preferred) we will begin our tour of the sumptuous interior of the Imperial Palace and the lower floors of the Marian Tower, which contain artefacts from the 14th to 19th centuries. Enjoy a traditional Czech lunch in the charming village below the castle before proceeding to the second part of the tour, the Crystal Factory. This nearby glassworks produces an extensive range of 24% leaded cut crystal in a selection of fine motifs, from the simple to the ornate. The provider of official state gifts, the glassworks is renowned for the high quality of its products. Decorative elements found on the pieces include gilt, hand painting and sandblasting. Enjoy a tour of the glassworks and marvel at the fascinating glass-making process.
IncludesDriver-guide service Private car (up to 3 people) or van (up to 7 people) Gas, tolls, parking fee
- Driver-guide service
- Private car (up to 3 people) or van (up to 7 people)
- Pick- up / drop- off at any address in Prague Opening information: Karlstejn Castle: 1st March - 9th November (closed on Mondays). Glassworks open Mo-Fri.