My Guide Website?
Kafka in Prague's Jewish Quarter and Old Town Private Tour
A walking tour of Prague's Jewish Town and Old Town. See the Franz Kafka Monument and the Rotating Head. Extended options: visit the Old-New Synagogue and Spanish Synagogue with skip-the-line tickets.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Prague:If youʻre booking your trip to Prague last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Prague: Historic City Center Bus Tour
- 3-Hour Tour of Alchemy and Mysteries of Prague Castle
- From Prague: Terezín and Ghetto Museum Guided Tour
- From Prague: Bohemian and Saxon Switzerland Scenic Tour
- Prague: 3-Hour Walking Tour of Old Town & Prague Castle
- Discover the legacy of Franz Kafka in Prague’s Old Town with a 5-Star Literature
- See former residence of the Jewish Kafka family and his numerous monuments
- Learn about the writer’s Jewish roots and explore the Old Jewish Quarter
- Skip-the-line tickets to the beautful Spanish Synagogue (3 & 4 Hour Only)
- Visit also the Meisel Synagogue and Pinkas Synagogue (4-hour option only)
DescriptionJoin this original Jewish tour to follow the trail of Franz Kafka in Prague’s Jewish Town and Old Town and discover places closely related to his personal life and professional career as a writer. Hear the true story of one of the greatest writers of the 20th century and learn about his Jewish heritage. See Prague through the eyes of Franz Kafka! Choose the 2-hour option to discover the ‘Kafkaesque’ Prague. Highlights of this tour include one of the most iconic sculptures in town, the Franz Kafka - Rotating Head, the Charles University where Kafka studied law, and the Estates Theater where he attended some plays. In the heart of the Old Town you will discover The House at the Minute where Kafka once lived, only a few steps away from the famous Astronomical Clock. As you wander around Josefov, the Old Jewish Quarter, your Private Guide will tell you all about Kafka’s life as a Jew in Prague. Although Franz was uneasy with his Jewish heritage, he is considered to be the quintessential Jewish writer and his masterpiece ‘The Trail’ has been described as the embodiment of the “triple dimension of Jewish existence in Prague”. You will see the historic Maisel Synagogue, the Jewish Town Hall, and the Old-New Synagogue where young Kafka attended services. The tour will end next to the surreal Franz Kafka Monument in front of the beautiful Spanish Synagogue. Choose the 3-hour option to enhance your ‘Kafkaesque’ tour with a visit inside the Old-New Synagogue. Completed in 1270 it is the oldest active synagogue in Europe. See the Gothic interior where Kafka attended services as a child and hear the legend of the Golem of Prague. Skip-the-line tickets are included to avoid waiting in lines. Choose the 4-hour option to explore Prague's Old Town and Jewish Town and visit the Old-New Synagogue and Spanish Synagogue. Skip-the-line tickets to both synagogues are included in this extended option. The stunning, Moorish-style Spanish Synagogue is a part of Prague’s Jewish Museum and houses a permanent exhibition on Jewish history from the 18th century to the present day, covering the period of Kafka’s life. Experience authentic Jewish history and culture in Prague!
IncludesFranz Kafka Tour of Prague's Old Town and Jewish Town (number of attractions depends on the selected option) Private Jewish History Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice Interesting facts about Kafka’s life and works Skip-the-line tickets to the Old-New Synagogue (3 and 4-hour options only) Skip-the-line tickets to the Spanish Synagogue (4-hour option only)
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information. Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Tickets to the Kafka Museum and the Spanish Synagogue are not included in the basic 2-hour option.