My Guide Website?
Prague: Jewish Quarter Ticket and Optional Audio Guide639 Reviews
Prague's Jewish Quarter is one of the most important Jewish areas in the world. Visit the historic area and listen to a short introduction (in English) from the guide before you explore on your own.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Prague:If youʻre booking your trip to Prague last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Prague: Historic City Center Bus Tour
- 3-Hour Tour of Alchemy and Mysteries of Prague Castle
- From Prague: Terezín and Ghetto Museum Guided Tour
- From Prague: Bohemian and Saxon Switzerland Scenic Tour
- Prague: 3-Hour Walking Tour of Old Town & Prague Castle
- Skip the line to purchase the admission ticket to a Jewish town in Prague
- Learn the story of the Jewish community in Prague during the introduction
- Explore the history of the Josefov Jewish Quarter at your own pace
- Visit the most important synagogues in Prague
- Visit the Old Jewish Cemetery, one of the oldest in Central Europe
DescriptionLearn about the history of the Jewish Quarter in Prague. This experience includes visits to the Jewish Cemetery, which is one of the oldest in Central Europe, and it includes admission to 3 synagogues. Begin with a 20-minute introduction (in English) and orientation from your guide as you hear about the history of Prague’s Jewish Quarter. Meet with your guide at the local partner office in Maiselova street, just a few steps from the Maisel Synagogue. The guide will help you with orientation in the Jewish Town. After that, you will explore the Jewish Town on your own. Your entry ticket includes access to synagogues as well as Prague’s Jewish cemetery. You can choose between Circuit 1 or Circuit 2. Both Circuits include admission to the Old Jewish Cemetery, among the oldest in all of Central Europe. You will get a chance to visit the Spanish Synagogue, constructed in the beautiful Moorish Revival style. Both circuits also include admission into 3 synagogues: Maisel, Pinkas, and Klausen Synagogue. The latter is the biggest in Prague Jewish Town. Moreover, you will have the chance to visit the Ceremonial Hall, and Robert Guttman Gallery, home to several temporary exhibitions. These include items from the Jewish Museum’s collections or aspects of modern Jewish life. Circuit 1 additionally contains an entrance ticket to the Old-New synagogue, one of the oldest active synagogues in all of Europe. Constructed in the Gothic style in 1270, it is one of the earliest Gothic buildings in Prague and continues to be one of the most important religious sites for Jews in the Czech Republic.
IncludesAdmission ticket: 20-minute introduction in English (English language guaranteed, other languages available according to the skills of the guide) Map of the ghetto Entrance ticket circuit 1: Old Jewish Cemetery / Old-New Synagogue / Spanish Synagogue / Maisel Synagogue / Pinkas Synagogue / Klausen Synagogue / Ceremonial Hall + temporary exhibitons in the Robert Guttmann gallery Entrance ticket circuit 2: Old Jewish Cemetery / Spanish Synagogue / Maisel Synagogue / Pinkas Synagogue / Klausen Synagogue / Ceremonial Hall + temporary exhibitons in the Robert Guttmann gallery
- The whole complex is closed every Saturday and on Jewish holidays.
- The 20 minutes introduction is guaranteed in English, other languages are available according to the skills of the guide (the choice of your language is only informative, we can only guarantee the introduction in English)