My Guide Website?
St Vitus Cathedral and Prague Castle Private Walking Tour
Discover the best-kept secrets of the mighty St Vitus Cathedral, a treasure trove of Czech history. This private tour includes tickets to the Prague Castle complex. Optional: transfers
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Prague:If youʻre booking your trip to Prague last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Prague: Historic City Center Bus Tour
- 3-Hour Tour of Alchemy and Mysteries of Prague Castle
- From Prague: Terezín and Ghetto Museum Guided Tour
- From Prague: Bohemian and Saxon Switzerland Scenic Tour
- Prague: 3-Hour Walking Tour of Old Town & Prague Castle
- Discover the treasures of the Cathedral of St Vitus with a 5-Star Licensed Guide
- Gain access to Prague Castle complex and learn about its royal heritage
- Immerse yourself in legends about St Wenceslaus ad other fascinating stories
- Visit the Cathedral Tower, the Old Royal Palace, St George’s Basilica(4&5H only)
- Enjoy private transfers with pickup and drop-off service(3-and 5-hour options)
DescriptionEnjoy a private tour of St Vitus Cathedral (the Metropolitan Cathedral of Saints Vitus, Wenceslaus and Adalbert) with a 5-Star Expert Guide. See the best selected highlights of Prague Lesser Town, including the magnificent Prague Castle complex. Immerse yourself in the rich history and cultural heritage of Czech Republic. Choose the 2-hour option for a guided tour of St Vitus Cathedral. Your tour begins in the Lesser Town, which is part of UNESCO’s World Heritage site. See the beautiful St Nicholas Church and take a walk uphill to admire the magnificent Prague Castle in all its glory. Explore the charming Hradcany Square and enter the castle grounds without buying a ticket, as skip-the-line tickets to Prague Castle are already included in the itinerary. Follow your Private Guide through the inner courtyards of the historic castle complex and marvel at its crown jewel, the monolithic St Vitus Cathedral with its twin Gothic spires and ornate carvings. The construction of this Gothic masterpiece began in 1344 and lasted nearly 600 years. Take a good look at the beautiful mosaic depicting the events of the Last Judgment as you enter the Cathedral through the Golden Gate and experience the awe-inspiring atmosphere of its interiors. Your Expert Guide will explain in detail the Cathedral’s history and architecture, from high vaulted ceilings, to elaborate frescoes, to stained glass, to carved doors. Listen to the stories about royal weddings, coronations and burials as you wander around the Cathedral and its many chapels. You cannot miss the famous Chapel of St Wenceslas, which houses relics of the saint. There are also crypts with tombs of Bohemian kings and emperors and the Crown Chamber with valuable Crown Jewels. Choose the 3-hour opton to enjoy private car transfers on your visit to St Vitus Cathedral. This includes private transport from your accomodation to the meeting point. We understand that navigating Prague is not easy, so we want to make it easier for you by organizing a 5-Star Driver and private car for your pickup and drop-off. Choose the 4-hour option to enhance your experience with a visit to Tower of the Cathedral with a View Gallery and a full tour of the Prague Castle complex. This includes the Old Royal Palace with the Vladislav Hall, the Bohemian art gallery in St George’s Basilica and the medieval townhouses along the Golden Lane. The Cathedral Tower is one of the city’s best viewing points, offering panoramic views of the Lesser Town and beyond. It is a hidden gem of Prague that you won't find in other city tours. Choose the 5-hour option to book private transportation with the extended 4-hour itinerary. This option includes a full tour of the Prague Castle, including St Vitus Cathedral and its Tower, the Old Royal Palace, St George’s Basilica and the Golden Line. Thanks to our 1-hour round-trip transfers by private car you will save time and enjoy a hassle-free experience.
IncludesPrivate Tour of St Vitus Cathedral and Prague Castle (number of attractions depends on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in your chosen language Tickets to Prague Castle, including St. Vitus Cathedral (all options) Tickets to the Tower of the Cathedral and guided tour of the Prague Castle complex (4-and 5-hour options only) Round-trip transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation (3-and 5-hour options only)
- Please check your email the day before the tour for important information. Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Tickets to the Cathedral Tower and a guided tour of the Prague Castle complex (the Old Royal Palace, St George’s Basilica and Golden Lane) are not included in the 2-hour option. Tickets to Prague Castle include admission to St Vitus Cathedral, the Old Royal Palace, St. George’s Basilica and the Golden Line. Tours of St Vitus Cathedral during masses and scheduled events are limited. There are 280 steps to climb the Cathedral Tower. The 3,5- and 5,5-hour options include an estimated 1-hour round-trip transfer between the meeting point and the accommodation address provided when booking. Transfer time will vary depending on the distance and traffic. We will arrange private transfers in a standard car (sedan) for groups of 1-4 people, and in a larger van for groups of 5 people and more. You can book a 5-people tour for a larger vehicle.